Now that the weather is warming up, this is an ideal time to do a closet detox. Your mission should you choose to accept it: get rid of the riff raff.
You’re going to be swapping out cold weather clothes for warm weather ones, anyway. And with these steps, you can let go of anything in your closet that no longer serves you.
The 7-Step Closet Detox
Here are the steps for your closet detox...
(1) Grab some empty containers and place them in the room.
(2) Take everything out of your closet.
(3) Examine and try on everything.
(4) Make two piles: the “keep” pile is everything that fits, is not too worn, looks great on you and you know you will wear it. The “let it go” pile are the clothes missing at least one of those criteria.
(5) Put the winter clothes in the keep pile in a container and decide where to store it.
(6) Put the warm weather clothes that are in the keep pile on hangers in the closet. Tip: hang them according to type - shirts, pants, etc.
(7) Decide what to do with everything in the let go pile - don’t keep it in your home, where it will become clutter.
Once you have completed your mission, you will be able to see everything in your closet, and know that whatever you choose to wear will look fabulous on you.
Have you begun to make the switch to warm weather clothes yet?
See you next time!
Hi, I'm Jeanine
Author, tea matchmaker, self care coach and lifestyle blogger. I help women who want more time for tea breaks & self care simplify, and find time for both. More here.