The French for Always
French for Always is about a woman whose parents divorced and then, both remarried into other families.
Sara was around ten at the time, and suddenly, she didn't feel like she belonged in either family. Both her parents became quite caught up in the lives of the new families they had formed, and Sara was overlooked and left out.
As an adult, she ended up leaving her familiar world behind and creating a new life in France, and it was there that she began to find a sense of belonging.
She realized that something was different tonight. Instead of her habitual sense of being on the outside looking in, her nose pressed against the sweetshop window, she felt the Cortinis had thrown open the door and invited her in, and for one happy evening, she'd been included. - Fiona Valpy, French for Always.
Would I Recommend it?
It's really that part of the story that wins the day for me. The romance almost seems to be a more subtle part of the book than this underlying theme.
And for this shift alone, and the way she changes her own life, I would recommend it, although the romance is nice, too.
Have you read any good romance books lately?
See you next time!
Hygge (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah) is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cozy, charming or special.
7 Reasons to Join My Hygge Lifestyle Facebook Group
(1) You need cozy moments more than ever, right now.
(2) I’ve got some fun quizzes, lifestyle posts, 5-day challenges & cozy experiences planned - and this way, you won’t miss them.
(3) I’ll give you simple, easy ways to make life more cozy for yourself & your family.
(4) I’ll share the latest research on how to create happy moments & family or personal traditions that become cherished memories - it’s simple, easy and doable.
(5) We’ll talk about capsule wardrobes, style guides & the new spring/summer colors and styles.
(6) We'll be there for you whenever you need a warm and cozy moment for yourself, away from the stress of your day.
(7) You'll get to hang out with me! :)
Click here to join: The Hygge Lifestyle Group.
Can't wait to see you there!
There can be so much that concerns us, brings stress and depletes peace. But when we surrender that to Jesus, we can hold tight to the hope and peace we're looking for. What worries are you surrendering to God this week? - DaySpring
What are the worries that have been on your mind this week?
If you knew they were already taken care of, what might you think abt., instead?
Are you willing to hand them over? How does it feel to imagine doing so?
What if you could make 2021 a year without worry?
I don’t mean a year that contains no problems, challenges or hurdles. I mean a year that you walk through without worrying about them, deciding to hand them over, instead, in faith.
See you tomorrow!
Hi, I'm Jeanine
Author, tea matchmaker, self care coach and lifestyle blogger. I help women who want more time for tea breaks & self care simplify, and find time for both. More here.