Hygge (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah) is a Danish word used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether alone or with friends, at home or out, ordinary or extraordinary as cozy, charming or special.
7 Reasons to Join My Hygge Lifestyle Facebook Group
(1) You need cozy moments more than ever, right now.
(2) I’ve got some fun quizzes, lifestyle posts, 5-day challenges & cozy experiences planned - and this way, you won’t miss them.
(3) I’ll give you simple, easy ways to make life more cozy for yourself & your family.
(4) I’ll share the latest research on how to create happy moments & family or personal traditions that become cherished memories - it’s simple, easy and doable.
(5) We’ll talk about capsule wardrobes, style guides & the new spring/summer colors and styles.
(6) We'll be there for you whenever you need a warm and cozy moment for yourself, away from the stress of your day.
(7) You'll get to hang out with me! :)
Click here to join: The Hygge Lifestyle Group.
Can't wait to see you there!
What if your everyday experience of life could be
warm and cozy? Maybe even charmed. I want this blog to be a lifestyle guide for exactly
that kind of experience.
It's important to stay present in the day, as we're really only able to live in this day only.
Yesterday, Catarina’s blog post inspired me to think about my wishes for this blog for 2021…
What I want most, in the wake of nearly a year of pandemic stress and loss, is to create a blog & website that feels warm and cozy when you come to visit. And a newsletter that offers moments of coziness every time they read it.
I want to inspire us all, especially while COVID continues to rage on, to make time for warm and cozy moments.
I challenge you, reading this, to commit to making 2021 a cozy, hygge lifestyle year. If you do, I promise to help you, every time you’re here.
And for the rest of this holiday season, I’ll be thinking about how to keep that promise and making plans while I light candles, sip cups of tea and watch a ton of Hallmark Christmas movies. What better inspiration, right?
I’ve got a good feeling that this coming year is going to be your best yet. Heaven knows you deserve it. A simply abundant world awaits.
Want to stay connected and be inspired? This winter, my cozy newsletter launches. Sign up here, and you'll receive it as soon as it's ready.
See you tomorrow!
Most of us want our Christmas experiences at home to be warm and cozy, but many aren’t sure how. Stay tuned for some great ideas...
3 Cozy Holiday Decorating Tips
If you have college kids coming home, family visiting for Christmas, or are just planning quiet nights at home with your family, you probably want to create an atmosphere that makes the season feel warmer and cozier. If you are welcoming people into your home, you may hope that they feel that warmth, too, while they are there.
Here are three ways to infuse the warm and cozy vibe into your holiday decorations.
(1) Choose decorations that are tied to your favorite Christmas memories.
(2) Choose fluffy pillows, super soft throws and blankets, flannel Christmas pajamas, flannel sheets, etc.
(3) Choose holiday versions of whatever makes your days cozy already: coffee mugs, teapots and tea cups, hot chocolate pitchers, casserole dishes, etc.
As I have mentioned before, coziness doesn't necessarily have to come at a price.
Always look first to see what you have at home, already. See what you can temporarily re-purpose for the holidays.
Now, Let's Hygge Your Home for 2021
Want to take that hygge lifestyle into 2021 with you?
After the year we just had, we might all need some hygge to cozy up to next year, as we try to raise our hopes for a better year. Self care is restorative, so adding some hygge will pay you back and may help you feel more like you want to next year.
Here are 5 simple, easy ways to add hygge to your home in 2021…
One - add the soft glow and/or scent of candles.
Two - add a throw for winter coziness & curl up with it whenever you need to feel nurtured.
Three - nothing beats a hug for comfort, but if you are still social distancing, grab a big, fat fuzzy throw pillow, instead.
Four - make yourself a cup of hot tea, and keep a reminder of it in the room where you are most likely to drink it. Could be a tea basket, or display, with your teapot and the book you’re reading.
Five - don’t just wear any old socks or slippers. Get fuzzy, comfy ones you will love sliding your feet into each day.
Which of these ideas appeal to you most?
See you tomorrow!
Hi, I'm Jeanine
Author, hygge lifestyle blogger & connoisseur of delight writing about how to create a hygge lifestyle, with hearthcraft, comfy capsule wardrobe tips and cozy home decorating ideas. More here.